A lightweight, real-time, 3-axis analogue head with a unique gyrostabilized system that reduces the problem of jerks, jumps or bumps, ensuring a smoother picture.
A ‘smart pan & tilt’ facility compensates for the movement of the crane arm or tracking vehicle that the Flight Head is mounted to, providing greater response and control for the camera operator. Complete control of the camera is provided through hand wheels and joystick console. Through the joystick console it is possible to control zoom and focus video lenses. A wireless link (on request) gives added versatility, allowing operation on moving vehicles and in hazardous places. Its unique design creates a ‘4th axis’ when tilted down, the roll axis then stabilizes the camera from swaying movements from side to side. It is also the only 3 axis head to roll with any 35mm camera fitted with any 1000ft mag!
As it is the lightest 3 axis remote head available, the Flight Head is able to make full use of the length and lens height of the telescopic Techno and Strada cranes and can be used on smaller cranes like the GF-6.
The hole through the pan axis allows maximum compatibility with any 16mm/35mm or HD camera, because camera cables can be feed through the pan axis directly to the camera. This is useful for HD video signals that cannot pass through standard slipring remote heads that would usually result in limited movement due to cables getting tangled. So the flight head has maximum freedom when it comes to using any camera including all High Definition camera like the Sony F35/23, Panavision Genesis, Red, Arri D21, Sony F700/900.
Available on request: Flight Head Wireless Link 2.4GHz (requires Wireless Video Link). Can be used to operate the Flight Head over a maximum range of 0.5 miles in direct line of sight, operating range reduced when obstructions present. Useful on a Wirecam or when operating from another moving vehicle. Requires 1 or 2 Wireless Video Link(s) to receive a video/witness camera picture and a Wireless Lens Control System.
• Limits / Hold position / Back pan compensation / Locked shot
• Angular position indication
• Horizon shift
• Mitchell mount (underslung/overslung)
• Sealed for all weather conditions
• Control: Joystick & Hand-wheels
• 3-Axis Gyro-Stabilized
• Pan Axis travels through 360º continuous slip ring
• Roll Axis travels through 270º with auto horizon
• Digital Auto Horizon (GV) keeps camera level in high G turns
• Auto Horizon can be turned off for greater control of roll axis
• Tilt Axis travels through 200º
• Pan Speed, Roll Speed, Tilt Speed 120º/sec
• Integrated Focus & Zoom controls of ENG TV lens drives (Canon & Fujinon)
• Preston FIZ plugs into head console to give zoom control to the operator
• RF Wireless capable (900mhz)
• Temperature Range: -40ºF to 104ºF (4.5ºC to 40ºC)
• Payload Capacity: 121.25lbs (55kg)
• Head Weight: 72.75lbs (33kg)
• 24-30 VDC
• 2 Amps Standby
• 15 Amps Max